Arm Yourself With This – Tips For Women Buying a Honda in Kenosha
Today’s topic is for all the ladies out there who are ready to upgrade their ride but need a few pointers to get the wheels rollin’. There are plenty of vehicles out on the lot, so take your time when deciding which is the best fit for you. Do you need something with more room for the family, or are you driven to the sportier, street driven sedans? Either way, at Honda of Kenosha, we have plenty of models for you to test-drive, but if you are having trouble shopping around, take the following points into consideration when visiting dealerships.
- Research the vehicle you want:
Honda alone has 24 models to choose from, so how do you go about deciding which one to buy? By narrowing down your search based off body construction, fuel efficiency, and even passenger space, you can narrow it down to a final few which will make the whole process easier for you. Once you have your last two or three selected, it will be easier to compare their features and test-drive each one to see how they feel. We can’t express how important it is to test-drive before you buy either, because though you might have your heart set on a specific model, you might not like the way it feels behind the wheel.
- Confidence is key – Make sure they know you mean business:
After you’ve done all of the research and you’re ready to step foot in a dealership, make sure you walk in with confidence and let the salesperson know right away you mean business. More often than not, a salesperson will start going off topic about non-important features, like interior color, and won’t really provide the information you need. Make sure you take control of the conversation by asking questions that will let the salesperson know you mean business and have done your homework; you always want to walk away with knowledge about horsepower, fuel efficiency, reliability, and the warranty.
- Once you’ve decided on the car you want, it’s time to negotiate:
You might not be familiar with the whole negotiation process, but here are a few tips to keep in mind when you’re ready to talk prices:
- Don’t reveal any financial information about how much you are willing or able to pay, they will always try to go for the maximum amount you can afford.
- Find out what they paid for the car and negotiate up from there. Don’t start at their asking price and go down.
- Ask the online sales department from other dealerships for their prices. This is an excellent way to have the dealership compete for your business when you mention you’ve been asking around.
- Discuss the overall price instead of the monthly payments. It’s easy to get swept up in only paying, “$200 a month for 36 months”, but when you compare it to the overall price, that “steal” could be hundreds of dollars more. Once you settle on the overall price of the vehicle, then talk about financing.
Ladies, we hope you found these tips helpful for when you’re ready to buy a new vehicle, but if you’re not, you can always come to Honda of Kenosha. We care more about your overall experience and getting you the best deal possible, making buying a Honda in Kenosha an easy and fun process. We look forward to seeing you!